Friday, December 31, 2010

The Best Whole Wheat Pasta


I have started doing "couponing" so I signed up on all sorts of websites for free samples. My first free sample was of this Barilla Plus Pasta (I got one free and 5 buy one get one free coupons). I have tried whole wheat pasta for years, but I have never liked it very much . . . this one is GOOD! I don't even notice that I am eating whole wheat pasta. It has not just grains, but it is made with lentils, chickpeas, flaxseed, barley, spelt, and oats! It has 4 grams of fiber per serving and omega-3 fatty acids (I am guessing that is from the flax seed). If you need a refresher of why Omega- 3 fatty-acids are good for you, go here, or here for more information.

Keep in mind that eating white pasta is just like eating white bread . . . low fiber, quickly digests and peaks your insulin, AND they have to add back some nutrients because it is only part of the whole grain.






Here is to a healthy and happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment