Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution


Have you seen this show yet? It is funny to me that I am blogging about a TV show for a blog that is about healthy eating for kids. It is on ABC on Friday's at 9/8 Central. Click here to see a trailer. It is an amazing show to me because it says what is on my mind. It has been a life long dream of mine to change school lunch.

Two things that got me thinking

1. Did you know that 8 oz of chocolate milk (the pre-made stuff that they serve at your child school) has more sugar in it than 8 oz of Coke?

2. They are so worried about the kids eating the school lunch. I say that if the kids don't like the healthy food, their parents can always send them to school with a cold lunch full of junk.

If you have watched it, leave me a comment with something that stuck out in your mind.

3 comments:

  1. I was unaware of the way they make chicken nuggets! Do they make a healthy chicken nugget?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the show, but have vivid memories of school lunch growing up (other people's school lunch, of course!). One of our teachers used to get the pizza, every day, grab a pile of napkins, place it on top of the pizza, allow it to soak up several ounces of grease, throw away the orange napkins, and eat the pizza. Yucky yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy, Jamie said that they don't make chicken nuggets that way in the United States (I don't think it is allowed), but they do something similar. There are healthy chicken nuggets. The ones that you make from real chicken with flour, eggs and so on. I will post a recipe sometime. I do feed my kids the ones from Costco on a really hard or busy day.

    ReplyDelete