Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Candy




I imagine that your house is like mine right now. . . Candy everywhere! I came up with one fun thing to do with your Candy this year that does not involve hiding it, or eating it. I got this idea from one of my favorite magazines, Family Fun. What is it? You experiment with it! Use any candy that your kids don't like, or they are willing to play with instead of eat. We mostly microwaved them to see what they looked like melted (it reminded me of that baby shower game where you guess the melted candy bar in the diaper). Dallin added milk to his, and Emily added water to hers. They had fun doing it. Now I just need to come up with more games. Maybe I can see if they want to see who can throw the candy off the deck the farthest? What are some of your ideas. Leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. pay them money in exchange for the candy. My kids are ALWAYS looking for ways to earn money.... maybe 25 cents per piece or something. I think we will be doing something like that for family night. One of the twins can not eat the candy anyway because he has a bet going with us that he can go all year with out eating candy (certain holidays are the exception) then at the end of the year he gets 100$. I love the ides though of blowing it up and melting it etc. very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of paying them money for it. I am going to do that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We put about 1/2 of our candy in a bag and leave it on the doorstep for the toothfairy to come get. The tooth fairy likes healthy kid teeth so she will leave money in exchange for the bag of candy.
    How about using the candy to create new candies; pieces different kinds together in different ways. Maybe even see who can make the best animal, person, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estimate and weigh it, fill 3 bags with different amounts eeryone guesses what it will weigh then weigh it, maybe the winner gets to pick one piece from the bag they guessed right. Glue it to the pumpkins you will soon be thowing out! My kids LOVE glue! I "regifted" A LOT (most) of it to the trick or treaters that came to our door after we got home. My kids are still young, that may not go over so well in a few years, but it works for now. And I didn't have to buy very much. We also have a 2 day rule. Yesterday was the LAST day of candy in our house. It's all gone now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a local dentist who collects Halloween candy and ships it off to the soldiers in Iraq. The kids they meet love treats! I let my kids pick out 15 favorites (they can eat it whenever they want) once it's gone, it's gone and they feel like they shared with other children around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these idea! You are all so creative.

    ReplyDelete