Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Face Plates . . . Makes Eating Healthy Fun!


My Sister Julie got these for my kids for Christmas this year. She told me that when she saw them, she just had to get them for us because it made her think of us. We used them the other night for the twins when I served up red beans and rice. The grapefruit and avocado are from the green salad we had that night. I usually give all of my kids at least parts of the green salad that we eat for dinner. I don't know too many kids that will eat lettuce (my older 2 eat it now), but they love the nuts, cheese and fruit that I usually put in my salads.


You can buy these at a few locations, but the cheapest I found was on Amazon . . . $10 for the boy face, and $12 for the girl face.

Another option is to JUST use food to make a face. I did a blog post on this a couple years ago when I made pizza faces.

If you are feeling very artsy, then I suggest you take a permanent marker and make a face on a paper plate and then fill in your food hair, and accessories on that.

Aren't these plates just something that you would have LOVED as a kid?

Thank you Julie! You were right on the money; we all love them! ;)

Grapefruit and Avocado Salad:

One Grapefruit (cut peel off with a knife, and section the grapefruit so that you don't have any of the membranes)
Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit into a bowl to use in your dressing.
Peel and cut up avocado.
1 head Romaine lettuce

Dressing:
Juice from the grapefruit (see above)
equal amount of olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

1 comment:

  1. added to my wishlist. these would be really fun to make with those make-a-plate kits and kids' faces...

    ReplyDelete